Alamo Elementary issued the following announcement.
School Opening
The Board of Education held a special meeting on Thursday, 7/16/2020. At this meeting, the Board took action on the reopening plan for SRVUSD schools for the 2020-21 school year. In a 5-0 vote in favor, the Board directed staff to reopen schools as previously approved on August 11, 2020 in a fully remote distance learning environment with the goal of phasing in all students to an in-person on campus learning environment as soon as it is safe to do so and when/if public health guidance changes. Proposed bell schedules for all grade levels can be found in the presentation. The Board members recommended the remote block bell schedule (options #1 in the presentation) for both middle and high school. All bell schedules are subject to negotiations.
Board action to open with a full remote distance learning option represents a reconsideration of previous action taken by the Board in response to ever-changing directives, information and guidance. It is also important to note that Governor Gavin Newsom has a Press Conference planned for 12 p.m.today, Friday, 7/17/2020 which, depending on what the Governor says, could further alter reopening plans.
Declaration Form
On Monday, 7/20, you will be receiving a form via email that will ask you to declare your need for technology. The Declaration Form will be due back to the District no later than 7/24/2020. More information about declaring will be included on the form, itself. The form will also be available for download on the Reopening Together page of the SRVUSD website.
Questions
We have scheduled Question and Answer Sessions on July 22 at 12 p.m. and on August 6 at 9 a.m. Both sessions will be broadcast on the SRVUSD YouTube channel at the stated time. They will also be recorded and available for viewing on the same YouTube channel at your convenience. Please submit questions for the 8/22 Session using this form.
We know that, even with the Question and Answer Sessions, you still have lots of questions. We are committed to providing answers, but are asking for your patience. We need time to work out the many, many details involved with preparing for a successful opening of school. While we finalize the details, from now through July 26, district staff and Trustees will not be responding to individual questions or emails. We will, however, keep you informed. You may still submit your comments using the General Input Form on our website or by emailing ReopeningTogether@srvusd.net. We are reading all comments that are sent via these avenues.
Childcare
We know that childcare is a major concern. Currently, we are awaiting further guidance from the State of California and the Contra Costa County Department of Public Health around childcare opportunities. We will keep you updated on this important topic.
Summary
We are grateful for all of the input that we received from staff, parents and students during the decision-making process. We want to reassure you that it is our goal to get all students and staff safely back in school full-time. However, the Board's commitment to the safety of students and staff cannot be emphasized enough. We all want to get back to “normal.” The reality is that normal needs to be redefined because the effects of this virus will be part of our decision-making for the foreseeable future.
As we have said before, the need to remain flexible is tantamount to success in this endeavor. We are keeping up with current conditions, following the science, and heeding direction from County and State authorities. We will keep you informed as the situation progresses. Please continue to watch for emails from the District and coming shortly, emails directly from your school site, as well.
Thank you for being our partners.
Original source can be found here.